There are so many opportunities for you to take surveys online and make some extra money. They are straightforward, easy-to-do and you can make some money simply from giving your opinion on various topics.
You are not going to get rich and you won’t be able to quit your day job by completing surveys, but they are great to help you get in a little bit of extra money if you are saving for something, need to pay a little bit of debt, or just to create some extra spending money for yourself and your family.
Be weary of any survey sites who promise to make you rich. This doesn’t happen. It’s nice side money but you won’t get rich. If you are being asked to take a survey for $0.25 for 30 minutes of your time, don’t do it. You time is worth more than that.
I’m not going to lie to you; taking online surveys can be time-consuming, so here are a few tips to help you make the most of taking online surveys in order to make some extra money from home.
Tips to help you make survey taking more efficient:
1. Schedule a set amount of time when you can focus. Either wake up earlier than usual, stay up a bit later or make time to complete online surveys during your lunch break. If you can set aside 30 minutes or an hour to do this, you can focus and complete the tasks.
2. Don’t waste time. When you are standing in a queue somewhere (like the bank), or are sitting in your car waiting for your children to come out of school, why not log on a take an online survey. Earn a couple of dollars while you wait.
3. Create a seperate email account (like Gmail) purely for surveys. This way your normal email inbox won’t become filled with surveys and you will be able to find them all in one place.
4. Register with more than one survey site. You are allowed to do that, and this also saves you time when you are screened out of one survey and can instantly move on to another offer.
5. When you do register with a survey site, complete as much of your profile as possible. Surveys are emailed through to you when you are possibly going to be a suitable candidate for them.
6. Sometimes you will get screened out of a survey. This means that you have answered a couple of questions but then you might answer something which shows them you aren’t quite the demographic that they are looking for. Don’t take it personally. Move on and select another survey to do.
7. Refer-a-friend. Many survey sites will give you money or points for referring a friend. If you sign up and then refer your friends, this will become another money-making opportunity for you.
7. Don’t Pay
. If a survey company is asking you to pay to join them in order for you to answer surveys, it’s most likely a scam. Don’t give out any of your money.
The below sites are legit companies, where you can take surveys online to make money. I use them myself and I do recommend all five of them. If you want to join them too, click on the image or on the company name where it says ‘register here’.
So let’s get started!
MOBROG is a survey company that is open to many countries around the world. Make sure that you complete your profile so that you can get many surveys sent through to you.
Rewards: You earn US Dollars for completing their surveys and amounts vary depending on the length of the survey. You need to reach a minimum payout of $6.25 before you can cash out. The money is credited to your account 90 minutes after you have completed the survey. Payment is made into your Paypal account.
If you do not live in South Africa, click through the link and then at the top of the home page on the right-hand side, please select the country that you do live in.
TOLUNA is another online survey company where you can make money online. This one works slightly differently where you will earn points for each survey you complete. They can be 1 600, 2 200 points and so on. Again, the reward varies. (Note that you get 100 points for short surveys that you completely about yourself ie: updating your profile on the website)
Rewards: You need a minimum of 20 000 points to claim a prize. Prizes range from Woolworths gift cards, Paypal payments and a few other things. They also have a daily lottery which will cost you 500 points to enter. Again, if you want cash you will need to have a Paypal account and request the Paypal cash prize.
With SWAGBUCKS you also earn points for doing various activities online. These include things that you might already be doing such as shopping online, watching entertaining videos, answering surveys and a few other things.
Rewards: You need a minimum of 500 points to claim a prize. Prizes range from US dollars cash which will be paid to you via Paypal. You can also earn gift vouchers for Amazon for shopping online. If you join Swagbucks and refer-a-friend, you can also earn points when they sign up through your link.
You can earn points with PRIZEREBEL by answering online surveys and playing online games.
Rewards: There are gift cards available from Amazon.com, and cash via Paypal. They also offer game codes for popular games like League of Legends and World of Warcraft, or gift codes for XBOX Live and Playstation Network. E-prizes are instant for Gold level members+ with low redemptions.
TRIABA is a Norwegian company and you can earn cash with TRIABA by answering online surveys and you earn in Great British Pounds. On the home page, click on the top right of the menu bar and select your country. If your country is not there it means that this is not available to you unfortunately.
Rewards: You need a minimum GBP4.00 to cash out and the money is transferred into your Paypal account.