Pinterest for your business is the visual way that thousands of people can find you online.
Many people are blissfully unaware that there is this fantastic marketing tool available to everyone, and when put into effect with a solid marketing strategy, it has the potential to drive A LOT of new traffic through to your online presence, specifically, your website.
Once the viewers are on your website, it is your website’s job to achieve your aim, whatever that might be. Sign up for a newsletter, register for a virtual tour, book accommodation, and so forth.
This magic machine is called Pinterest!
Pinterest has a rap of being known as the ‘mom’s social media platform’ where moms look for recipes, crafts, and creative ways to keep their children entertained.
Yes, it definitely excels in these areas, but it is also so much more than that!
Pinterest has a feature called Pinterest for Business and if you are using this visual platform for commercial purposes, then you need to utilize the Pinterest for Business option, as specified in their Terms & Conditions.
How does Pinterest Work for Your Business?
Pinterest is an online platform. Make sure that you set up a Pinterest for Business account, and once that is set up (it doesn’t take long). you can then start to create Pinterest boards. These boards are basically the categories of your business.
Divide your content accordingly into topics and use keywords on your boards and your pins for search optimization.
For example, if you are a hotel, you could have the following Pinterest boards:
– Bedrooms and Suites
– Guest Services
– Local sightseeing
– VIP services
Ideally you should start off with a minimum of 10 boards, all related to your business.
Once you have created your boards, you can start pinning relevant images to them.
Not only do you need to save images, but you can also save images with text overlay so that your potential audience will click on the pin that interests them.
Each pin then links through to a specific page on your website!
Pinterest as a Social Media Platform
While Pinterest does have the capacity for you to like and comment on other people’s pins, it functions better as a search engine, and for a business, that is exactly what you want.
Is Pinterest better than other social media platforms for your business?
The most popular social media platforms that businesses use are, of course:
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Pinterest is often the last one as businesses consider using, as they do not understand how it will benefit them.
Another obvious fact to highlight is that Pinterest uses visuals. Studies continuously prove that posts with images and video gain more views and have a lower bounce rate. And ‘idea pins’ are the ones where you can post videos (think of IG reels and Facebook stories).
Neil Patel, the expert in online marketing, explains the various visuals that you can include in your blog posts.
Pinterest is the Perfect Fit for Almost Any Business
– Pinterest is a platform that can be used for B2B services, as well as B2C services.
– Highlight everything about your business.
– Create a blog page on your website for more engagement. Share tips, advice, highlights, wins, and stories on your blog.
– Use Pinterest to grow your email list.
– Pinterest as a platform to use, is free.
Here are some reasons why:
Visual appeal: Pinterest is a highly visual platform, which makes it perfect for businesses that rely on aesthetics to showcase their products or services. The platform’s vertical format and emphasis on high-quality images make it ideal for displaying products, creating mood boards, and providing inspiration.
Targeted audience: Pinterest has a user base of over 400 million people, with a significant portion being female and interested in home decor, fashion, food, and beauty. This makes it an excellent platform for businesses in these industries to reach their target audience and promote their products or services.
Traffic driving: Pinterest can be an effective tool for driving traffic to your website. Pins can include links back to your website, allowing users to click through to learn more about your business or make a purchase.
Insights and analytics: Pinterest provides businesses with valuable insights and analytics, allowing them to track their performance and optimize their strategy based on what’s working and what’s not. This data can help businesses make informed decisions about their Pinterest presence and content strategy.
Overall, Pinterest can be an excellent platform for businesses to showcase their products, reach a targeted audience, and drive traffic to their website. By creating compelling content, optimizing their presence, and analyzing their performance, businesses can leverage the power of Pinterest to grow their brand and reach new customers.
But which Businesses Benefit the Most?
Businesses that can visually showcase their products or services are likely to benefit the most from using Pinterest in their marketing strategy. Some industries that have found success on Pinterest include:
- Fashion and Beauty: Pinterest is a popular destination for fashion and beauty inspiration, making it an ideal platform for businesses in these industries to showcase their products, collaborate with influencers, and reach a highly engaged audience.
- Home Decor and DIY: Pinterest is a go-to platform for home decor and DIY enthusiasts, making it an excellent platform for businesses in these industries to share their products and showcase their expertise.
- Food and Beverage: Pinterest is a popular destination for foodies, with millions of users regularly searching for recipes, meal ideas, and cooking inspiration. Businesses in the food and beverage industry can leverage this audience by sharing their recipes, food products, and restaurant experiences.
- Travel: Pinterest is also a popular platform for travel inspiration, making it an ideal platform for businesses in the travel industry to showcase their destinations, promote their tours, and reach a highly engaged audience.
Overall, any business that can visually showcase their products or services can benefit from using Pinterest in their marketing strategy. By creating visually appealing content, optimizing their presence, and engaging with their audience, businesses can leverage the power of Pinterest to promote their brand and reach new customers.
Easily Conquer the Only ‘Downside’
Before you get started on this journey and then give up in a few days’ time, you need to be aware of the following:
– You need to pin consistently (15 – 20 pins per day, spread out across the day).
– Pinterest wants fresh pins – but you can simply change the font, the image, or the caption on your pin. You DO NOT need to create 15 – 20 brand new pins.
– It takes a minimum of three months before you will start seeing results.
This is why many businesses give up before month number one has even started. The key to success with Pinterest for your business is the same as everything else that you do, be consistent.
Pinterest can be a valuable platform for businesses to showcase their products and services, reach a targeted audience, and drive traffic to their website. By creating visually appealing content, optimizing their presence with relevant keywords and hashtags, and engaging with their audience, businesses can effectively leverage the power of Pinterest to promote their brand and grow their business.
With its insights and analytics tools, businesses can track their performance and optimize their strategy to ensure they are making the most out of this popular visual search engine and social media platform.