How to Easily Claim Your Blog with Pinterest
As a blogger, you have to constantly send FREE traffic to your blog, so you need to claim your blog with Pinterest in order to do this. You can ONLY claim your website if you have a Pinterest Business account. If you don’t have a Pinterest Business account, you can either create one or switch your personal one over to a Business account quite easily.
Claiming your website is free, and if you follow my steps below it’s quite easy.
Here are a few reasons why you want to claim your website with Pinterest:
1. It will verify your website’s authenticity
2. Your profile picture will show up next to any Pins that come from your site
3. A small globe icon will appear to the left of your website’s URL on your Pinterest profile showing that you and your business are legit
4. You will have access to website analytics for insight into what content your audience clicks on and saves the most
So here we go, a step-by-step guide on how to claim your website.
1. Log into your Pinterest Business account
2. Enter your site’s URL where it says ‘enter your website’ and click the red button that says ‘CLAIM’
3. Select ‘Add HTML’ tag
4. Once you have selected this then you will be given some code that you need to insert into your website so that Pinterest and your site can ‘talk’ to one another
Copy this meta tag data
5. Now, log into your WordPress dashboard
Go down to your Yoast SEO and click on ‘Social’
A new page will open. Then select PINTEREST from the menu at the top.
Paste the metadata that you have copied from your Pinterest page
6. Click ‘save changes’
7. Now you need to wait for 24 hours for Pinterest to confirm your site.
Once done it looks like this with a little world icon to the left of your website’s URL
Congratulations! You will receive an email shortly to confirm these changes. Now get busy with Pinterest and start pinning your pins to drive traffic directly to your own site!
While you are waiting for your blog to be claimed by Pinterest, why not take a look at these posts:
– Send new traffic to your blog with Pinterest
– Simple tips to writing a great blog post that people actually want to read