Think differently; make money during lockdown
Firstly, look at what IS working
Changing your mindset
What do you need to work online?
- A dedicated workspace
- Reliable internet connection
- Laptop computer
- Video conferencing and chat apps
- Ear phones
- A willingness to try new things, possibly fail, learn, adapt and try again
Online Work Ideas
You don’t actually need to tutor to make money online in the tutoring industry
- Janine the Tutor – Janine set up her business and tutors maths and chemistry. This has proven to be successful and she now has other qualified teachers working for her.
2. Teach English as a Foreign Language
3. Teach Classes Online
4. Teach People to get Fit at Home
5. Become a Virtual Assistant
6. Start a Blog
You can 100% make money online if you find out how to start a blog and monetize it.
Making money with a blog is going to take a while but there is not better time to start working on it than right now! It is also one of the online businesses that requires very little investment. You do not need to have a business to start a blog. You need to have a good idea, an interesting topic or a great skill or something that people are really interested in. The very popular niches are fashion, make-up, jewelry and accessories, making money, sports and mom blogs (babies, home schooling, crafts, games to play). But this does not mean that what you are interested in won’t work. Just don’t pick something completely obscure. By adding a blog to an existing business is extremely beneficial as your blog will create more awareness for your business, and it will be a second income source.
- When you are seeing large traffic numbers (25,000 page views a month), you can apply to companies like Mediavine for example, and they will advertise on your site. You will make money from these adverts. By putting in the time now to start your own blog, you will create an additional income stream alongside your brick-and-mortar business.The best way you can ensure success with a niche blog like this is to always focus on your audience.Put out all the stops and go in-depth with your posts and the information that you provide. Always continue to build your audience. One of the best ways to do this is by creating a Facebook page.
7. Get Your Voice on the Air with a Podcast
8. Sell your images online or freelance for other bloggers and online businesses
9. Online Trading
Online trading is a possible way to make money, and good money, and you can start to make money during the lockdown. However, you do need to know that online trading is a high-risk income generating avenue to go down so please make sure that you do your homework and learn about this before you attempt to trade your own money. We are talking about trading forex, cryptocurrencies and stocks and commodities.
If you do want to trade but would prefer for someone else to trade for you, make sure you contact a reputable company like Traderly. You will need to work with someone who is transparent and who has experience with a proven success rate. Discuss your requirements with them and keep asking questions until you have all of the answers you need, and then make a decision. This is also a very good way to also start making a passive income stream.
Top tip: Do not trade with money you cannot afford to lose.